Tuesday, July 21, 2009

For Dinner at Our Home Tonight



So tonight for supper, this is what I made. The recipe actually comes from my church cookbook that I have grown to love especially with the economy the way that it is I am rarely making my expensive meals I so enjoy making, I make them, they are now saved for those special occasions.

Here is what you'll need for this delicious recipe.

1/2 c. onion chopped
4 cloves garlic or to your liking
1 tsp. coriander
salt and pepper to taste
2 T. butter (I do not have margarine but I suppose it could be used here)
3 T. all purpose flour
8 oz sour cream
2 c. chicken stock (I have reserved from soups and stews I make) you could use stock
1 jalapeno diced up no seeds
2 cups monterey jack cheese shredded
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
8-12 flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350. In a medium saucepan cook onion, garlic, jalapenos, and coriander until onion is tender. Still flour in to the sour cream and add to the pan. Add chicken stock to the pan. Cook until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in half of the cheese.

Filling: Stir 1/2c of the sauce from above into the chicken.

Fill each tortilla with the filling (about a tablespoon and a half) then roll it up. Put seams side down into the baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over top of the tortillas. Bake for 35 minutes, covered. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cook uncovered for 3-5 minutes uncovered under the broiler (be careful, watch out for it!)

Delicious and cheap! Try it out, so simple and yummy. Make some really good guacamole to go along with it.

Thanks ya'll and I hope you try this, Troy LOVED it and the boy's did too!

Hugs!
Stephenie

No comments:

Post a Comment